Master of Arts in Hispanic Studies
To apply for our masters program, you will need to submit all of the following application materials:
- Complete the Application for Admission to the WSU Graduate School.
- In the funding area on the Graduate School application, please indicate whether you are interested in a teaching assistantship within the School of Languages, Cultures, and Race. Information about other graduate funding opportunities at WSU can be found at on the WSU Graduate School website.
- Official transcripts from all the institutions you have attended are required. Original transcripts must be sent directly to the Graduate School from the institution in a sealed envelope.
- A TOEFL score is required if English is not your native language The score should be sent to the Graduate School. This requirement is waived if you hold an undergraduate degree from an American college or university.
- Three current letters of recommendation.
- Two brief (3-5 minutes) mp3 recordings of two informal dialogues; one between yourself and a native speaker in Spanish, and the other one in English. Audio files must be sent directly to the School of Languages, Cultures, and Race (see address at right).
- Two writing samples – one in English and one in Spanish. It may be a copy of a term paper or a narrative on any topic, and should be at least two pages in length. Writing samples must be sent directly to the School of Languages, Cultures, and Race (see address at right).
Applicants must be admitted to the WSU Graduate School before we can accept a student into the program. However, prospective students may submit the audio and writing samples to the school prior to formal acceptance.
After an applicant has been admitted to the WSU Graduate School, the school will consider the student for a teaching assistant position, if desired by the student and if available. Please keep in mind that admittance into the program does not guarantee a teaching assistantship will be awarded.
Program Objectives >>
Student Learning Outcomes >>
Ready to Apply?
Prospective Student Information
Contact the Hispanic Studies graduate program director: