Begrüßung – WELCOME
Learning German can give you that edge you need to be successful in today’s global job market.
- Germany is the largest country with the largest population in the European union making German a key language in business dealings with Europe.*
- Germany is America’s largest European trading partner. over 750 American firms do business in Germany, and 1100 German companies do business in the U.S.*
- German is the most widely spoken language in Europe.*
- German contributions to architecture, art, film, literature, music, philosophy and sociology form the backbone of western civilization as we know it today.
The German program at WSU offers courses for all students interested in German from the foundation of beginning language instruction to the study of Austrian, German and Swiss culture, film, and literature. The German faculty are committed to immersing students in German in the classroom, assisting students in tailoring their study of German to meet their personal and professional goals, and to advise students in their selection of coursework and study abroad options.
WSU offers numerous study abroad options in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland that compliment and enhance students on-campus German language learning experience. Currently, two of our German faculty offer study abroad programs to Germany each summer. For more information on other study abroad programs, visit the Office of International Programs Study Abroad Programs.
Meet Our German Program Faculty
- Professor Joshua Bonzo, Associate Professor of German
- Professor Karen Jennings, Assistant Professor of German
Major and Minor Checklists
- German Professions: Second Major Degree Checklist
- Minor: German Language Minor Degree Checklist
- Minor: German Area & Culture Studies Minor Degree Checklist