Skip to main content Skip to navigation
School of Languages, Cultures, and Race College of Arts and Sciences

Minors and Certificates

Adding a minor or a certificate in an academic area outside of your major will expand your skills and increase your opportunities after graduation. The school offers a number of options across language and culture studies.

To receive a minor, students are expected to fulfill all of the University’s requirements for graduation, as well as the course work for the given minor. Courses for the minor may not be taken pass/fail.

Program specifics vary, but most require upper division course work (300- or 400-level courses) completed in residence at WSU or through WSU-approved education abroad or educational exchange courses. Contact your advisor for details and guidance.