Art for Social Change Submission Guidelines
All submissions must be display ready, including any required hardware. Examples of submissions include, but are not limited to:
- Paintings in any media
- Performance art (Recorded in flv, avi, mp4, wmv, or mov format)
- Sculpture/ceramics or any other tri-dimensional art piece
- Digital Media (web-based, photography, videos, graphic/visual designs)
- Original music composition (CD or mp3 format)
- Short film
- 10 minutes maximum (those exceeding the time limit will be disqualified)
- Any genre : fiction/non- fiction (documentary), animated, music video
- Follow the following file formats: flv, avi, mp4, wmv, mov.
- Submit on a USB drive or DVD, or uploaded to the submission form.
- If submitted on a DVD, the film must not be in TS format.
- Creative writing
- Graphic novels
- Visual art that combines a variety of media into one piece.
- Submissions may come from any WSU undergraduate or graduate student, staff or faculty member at any campus including Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver, Everett, and Global or any K-12 student in Pullman.
- All creative works must be submitted and received by 11:59 pm on January 31, 2020.
- Campus Civic Poet submissions require a (minimum of) one-page description of the student’s civic engagement, literary accomplishments, and academic or other achievements, along with any documentation of the student’s work, such as publications and/or links to their poetry and/or performances.
- Submissions must be the student’s original idea. Students should not knowingly copy another’s idea, but entries will not be excluded merely because another submission has a similar idea.
- Must not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, offensive, threatening, profane, harassing, or discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender, or age), and must not promote illegal activities.
- Must not include mention or performance of any non-authorized copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, music, or sculptures without permission.
- If requested, we will return submitted artwork by June 2020. Students are responsible for dropping off and picking up submissions, and all shipping costs.
- The Art for Social Change Competition reserves the right to use and reproduce the artwork on marketing materials and during Washington State University events.
- Washington State University is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen artwork. Washington State University will not indemnify or insure artwork for damages to the work itself or for any loss that may result from the displaying of the artwork.
- Complete the online submission form.
- Put your name on your creative work.
- Put your name in the title of your digital submission.
- If you are dropping off your artwork in person, put your name somewhere on the actual art.
- We encourage you to make sure that your artwork is ready to be displayed when submitted, including any required hardware.
- Submit your creative works in person, by mail, or electronically.
- In person, please drop off submissions to Thompson Hall 110
- By mail, please send to:
School of Languages, Cultures, and Race
Washington State University
PO Box 642610
Pullman, WA 99164-2610
*Electronic submissions should be uploaded to the submission form.*
Please note: If your digital file exceeds 10 MB please put it on a USB drive or DVD and submit it in person or via USPS mail to the address above.
Submissions are open for the 2020 competition
Public Art Exhibition Feb. 17-28, 2020
Fine Arts Gallery 3
Showcase & Award Reception
Feb. 20, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Fine Arts Gallery 3
Contact Tom Forbes