Foreign Languages & Cultures
Foreign languages and cultures (FLC) is the study of languages other than English and the cultures where these languages are spoken. Studying a foreign language allows for direct access to people and cultures other than one’s own and furthers the development of global understanding and sensitivity. Proficiency in a foreign language is an important tool in a broad variety of professions.
Professional Second Majors
A second major in French, German, Japanese, or Spanish language can be combined with a primary major in any other academic area to expand your language skills and increase your global opportunities.
Daggy Hall 201
- Public relations/marketing/advertising
- International business, banking, finance
- Law enforcement
- Health and social services
- Translation and interpretation
- Customs and immigration
- Customer service and personnel management
- Science, engineering, and technology
- Music, film, drama, photography
- Apparel and Merchandising